HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

new phenosense test

I saw an ad recently and also read something at The Body about a new phenosense test that does both phenotyping and genotyping. What do you think of this test? Is this going to become the standard?

Sounds good to me...thanks!

Response from Dr. Little

Actually, I am not aware of a new phenotype test - the same companies that have been doing phenotyping are still doing this test. Perhaps it is the combination (both phenotype and genotype) that is what is being marketed. Certainly the phenotype and genotype tests both offer slightly different information and which one I would recommend would depend upon your stage of infection, previous antiretroviral treatments, and insurance coverage. Both tests together are probably useful in some cases as well.

Do You Think This Is Wise?
Heart Attack and AIDS