HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

mutations/resistance if undectable???

hi, Are there any new tests (specifically for analogues) that can be performed if the viral load is undetectable?? One that looks for the specific amino acid mutations I guess. the reason I ask is I had a resistance test back in 1999 and I don't know if that would still be reliable today. I want to recycle a drug previously taken because of a adverse affect with current drug. The drug I wish to recycle showed the same sensativity as current drug, but was a component of a failig regime.I want to be prepared when I talk to my doctor. Thank you

Response from Dr. Little

No - there are no currently available resistance tests that will work when your viral load is undetectable. You are left to rely on your previous test results and prior treatment history to make treatment decisions.

Refuses to take medicine
Do You Think This Is Wise?