HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

anywhere to get second opionions on genotype tests

I recently had a genotype test that suggests that I have only four drugs left that are effective. How reliable is the "resistance predicted" column of these test? I know that there are a lot of intricacies between different mutations.Is there someplace I could send the complete list of mutations detected and get another opinion?

Response from Dr. Little

In general, I think your best bet is to have a physician who is VERY FAMILIAR with resitance tests review your test results. The resistance predicted column can be quite helpful, but interpretation of a resistance test, especially in someone with many resistance mutations, can be very difficult and your best move is to find someone who can guide you through your next treatment regimen selection. It is better if you pair your resistance test results with a complete history of all antiretroviral medications you have ever taken and why you stopped each of them (ie, toxicity vs resistance). Good luck.

Docs want me off PIs
How long bfore resistance develop to all drugs?