Mar 20, 2002
ok, so what is resistence testing and how would it benifit me?
Response from Dr. Little
Resistance testing is a blood test that is generally done in people who are taking or have taken antiretroviral therapy and are not having the desired response in an effort to identify changes in the virus which are known to be associated with drug resistance. This means that the test may provide an explanation for why some drugs may not work and why others might work better.
my CD4 is not increasing.
Substitute AZT for D4T in treatment experienced?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- Why Do People Get Shingles?
- What Happens When Gonorrhea Is Treated?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.