Mar 20, 2002
ok, so what is resistence testing and how would it benifit me?
Response from Dr. Little
Resistance testing is a blood test that is generally done in people who are taking or have taken antiretroviral therapy and are not having the desired response in an effort to identify changes in the virus which are known to be associated with drug resistance. This means that the test may provide an explanation for why some drugs may not work and why others might work better.
my CD4 is not increasing.
Substitute AZT for D4T in treatment experienced?
- Will Masturbation Cause Chlamydia To Come Back?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- What Does Bacterial Vaginosis Look Like?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.