Feb 14, 2001
My brother is having drug Resistance. His Doctor gave him two options. One is to go off All medication til he has full blown aids. Then start him on meds again. How safe is this.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
This is a hard question to answer. Is your brother's virus resistant to all HIV meds, or are there any treatment options? I would not recommend long term treatment interruptions. We do not know what the long term outcomes of such a strategy would be. A short term (3 months or so) discontinuation of meds might help by getting rid of resistant virus in the short term. MH
re whats the chance
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.