|Currently Available HIV Phenotypic & Genotypic Assays
Jan 12, 2001
what are in the market all the currently available resistance assays
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Several commercial labs (LabCorp, Specialty Labs, Virologic, Quest, to name a few) offer either genotypic or phenotypic resistance testing or both. For the most part, phenotypic assays are proprietary technology from Virologic or Virco. Genotypic assays can be home-brew (designed or made by the lab doing the test) or commercial kits from companies like Visible Genetics.
will this increase CD8
Switch from Viracept to Sustiva
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Tattoo
- Are Night Sweats An Ars Symptom?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.