|Dr. Little, is 7 months antibody negative enough testing?
Jan 29, 2002
Dr. Little. Hello. I ahve serial hiv antibody tested for the past seven months. All the results came back HIV-. Therefore, can I put this nightmare behind me. Patrick
Response from Dr. Little
In 99% of cases the answer is yes. There are a few unusual circumstances which seem to delay the appearance of HIV antibody - but these are so rare that current CDC guidelines (ie public health standards of care) suggest that testing 6 months post exposure is sufficient to rule out HIV infection resulting from the original exposure.
results are suspect
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.