|Genotype test to find out other strains?
Oct 2, 2000
Dear Dr. Do you think that genotype test will find out other strains if you are infected with HIV? Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It can. Say you are positive and not on treatment. Chances are your virus will not have any drug resistant mutations. If you come in contact with someone who is on meds, with detectable virus, and that virus is transmitted to you, chances are good resistance virus will be transmitted. A genotype test, if done early enough after exposure (within 1-3 months), will pick it up.
holiday break - not undetectable anymore
- Shingles Sign Of HIV Infection
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.