HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

NO LUCK

I need to know, what can my doctor do to help me? I have been on almost every medicine for HIV and what I haven't been on, I'm resistant to. My viral load is 150,000. It goes up and this is the lowest that it has gotten. My CD4 count is 555. They want to start me on Combivir,Ziagen,& amp;a new one I think it's called Kaletra. Do you think that this is a good combination or can you tell me something that might help me somehow. Maybe I just have been getting some bad combinations because a lot of them make me very ill to where I can't stomach them.

It is always helpful to know what your are resistant to. The regimen you describe is very potent and could be very effective depending on what the resistance tests showed you had resistance to. Kaletra is a combo pill of two protease inhibitors (ritonavir and lopinavir) and was just approved by the FDA last month. It is very effective in drug naive patients and in those patients who have failed a regimen or two. It will probably not have much effect in patients who have virus that is resistant to all the other currently available protease inhibitors.

MH

viral load increasing so soon after fantastic baseline results.
Viral Load