|What type is worse?
Nov 13, 2000
Doc, It appears as if you get a "type" of hiv which is drug resistant (due to the person who had it before you take their medication?) is bad, but also if your infected by someone not on "meds" this is considered a "wild" strain? Please explain which is worse?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
In the grand scheme of things, getting a drug resistant virus is probably worse because you have limited treatment options. You are correct, a wild type strain would be considered one in which there were no primary drug mutations. It is not necessarily "wilder" than a resistant strain.
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Extreme Watery Vaginal Discharge
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Can Hiv Pass Through Intact Latex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.