|RE:Is there resistance?
Jan 23, 2002
1) My Dr. did order a geno-typing test, but unable to complete due to not enough virus in the blood.
Should I continue as, or would you still suggest taking some other steps.
Thank-You for your input.
Response from Dr. Little
I am still concerned that your viral load is not undetectable - 6 weeks is a bit soon, but upon repeat testing, I would like to see it undetectable. If you have another opportunity to do the resistance testing I would do so (these tests are generally very good above viral loads of 1000, and often quite good with viral loads of 500-1000).
How fast to suppression is acceptable
- Should I Get An Hiv Test After Having Sex With One Girl?
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With An Hiv-positive Person And Not Catch It?
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- What Percent Of People Have Herpes?
- What Kind Of Medication Does A Doctor Prescribe For Shingles?
- What Is A Natural Remedy For Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.