|RE:Is there resistance?
Jan 23, 2002
1) My Dr. did order a geno-typing test, but unable to complete due to not enough virus in the blood.
Should I continue as, or would you still suggest taking some other steps.
Thank-You for your input.
Response from Dr. Little
I am still concerned that your viral load is not undetectable - 6 weeks is a bit soon, but upon repeat testing, I would like to see it undetectable. If you have another opportunity to do the resistance testing I would do so (these tests are generally very good above viral loads of 1000, and often quite good with viral loads of 500-1000).
How fast to suppression is acceptable
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Barebacking?
- Does Diarrhea Mean I Have AIDS?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.