HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

RE:Is there resistance?

Dr. Little,

1) My Dr. did order a geno-typing test, but unable to complete due to not enough virus in the blood.

2) My last VL after 6weeks of the addition of Viread down to 600, and CD4 was over 1300.

Should I continue as, or would you still suggest taking some other steps.

Thank-You for your input.

Response from Dr. Little

I am still concerned that your viral load is not undetectable - 6 weeks is a bit soon, but upon repeat testing, I would like to see it undetectable. If you have another opportunity to do the resistance testing I would do so (these tests are generally very good above viral loads of 1000, and often quite good with viral loads of 500-1000).

Anti-retrovirals after
How fast to suppression is acceptable