HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

My doctor has told me I need resistance testing

I have been with this disease sice 1995.... I have taken numerous medications and now my current regimen appears to be failing..... Why is the test not done in the USA? and once I get my results back will I then be able to start my new regimen right away?

I am not sure what test you are refering to. There is one type of resistance testing that does require it to be done in Europe. However there are many labs in the US that offer genotyping (sequencing the virus) and one lab that offers phenotyping (growing the virus). Once the results are back, your doc should be able to make a decision very quickly there after. MH

cd4 increase but cd4/cd8 ratio decrease
what is a dna