|How long will cocktaIs last?
Jan 20, 2002
Hi. How long will drug cocktails keep a HIV+ person alive? Thanks for the service you provide.
Response from Dr. Little
Please see recent answers in this forum which address this same question in detail. In general, therapy which is potent enough to completely suppress the viral load (ie below 50-200 copies) in a person who has no pre-existing drug resistance and never misses a dose of medications should do very well indefinitely on this regimen. The key is long term complete viral suppression - which means that the regimen must be well-tolerated.
Missing meds for two weeks
Too many meds???
- Achy Balls After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.