|want a child but positive
Jan 6, 2002
I know someone can give birth and be positive, as well as the child doesnt have to be. My question is how do you start to have a health child when you are hiv positive
Response from Dr. Jackson
If an HIV+ woman takes combination antiretroviral therapy during the majority of her pregnancy, the risk of transmission is approximately 2%. The mother should also not breastfeed to further reduce the risk of transmission.
Still Detectable After 2 Plus Years of HART
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.