|want a child but positive
Jan 6, 2002
I know someone can give birth and be positive, as well as the child doesnt have to be. My question is how do you start to have a health child when you are hiv positive
Response from Dr. Jackson
If an HIV+ woman takes combination antiretroviral therapy during the majority of her pregnancy, the risk of transmission is approximately 2%. The mother should also not breastfeed to further reduce the risk of transmission.
Still Detectable After 2 Plus Years of HART
- Hiv And False Positive Tuberculosis Antigen Test
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Chances Of Women Infecting Men With Hiv
- How Soon After Contracting Hiv Will A Test Show Positive?
- Accuracy Detection Rna Dna Hiv Tests
- How Do You Get Autoimmune Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.