|Drop too slow?
Jan 1, 2002
I am on HAART for 12 weeks. Starting VL was 935,000, current VL is 117. I am concerned that I have not yet reached undectable and does my slow VL drop leave me more susceptable to developing resistance? If so, shall I change my current regime before it's too late?
Response from Dr. Little
With a starting viral load of 935,000, I think that a viral load of 117 at week 12 is actually not bad. In fact, many studies do not consider someone to be suppressing too slowly until they have passed week 26 or 20 with a detectable viral load. It sounds to me like you are doing well at your current rate of decline.
New study results
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.