HIV Drug ResistanceHIV Drug Resistance

forgot

Dear Dr.Little: I traveled out of town last week and forgot to take my medicines with me so I missed a days dose of epivir,ziagen,and sustiva. Is this going cause major resistance? Normally I do not not miss my doses, only 2-3 hours of time difference. Thanks for your help. John

Response from Dr. Little

It is hard for me to imagine that a 24 hour break from your normal medication regimen would be a substantial risk - this assumes that your viral load has been less than 50 up until the time you missed your doses. It is repeated breaks that are generally the problem. I do not think that you are at significant risk for resistance.

What lies ahead?
Drop too slow?