Jan 1, 2002
Dear Dr.Little: I traveled out of town last week and forgot to take my medicines with me so I missed a days dose of epivir,ziagen,and sustiva. Is this going cause major resistance? Normally I do not not miss my doses, only 2-3 hours of time difference. Thanks for your help. John
Response from Dr. Little
It is hard for me to imagine that a 24 hour break from your normal medication regimen would be a substantial risk - this assumes that your viral load has been less than 50 up until the time you missed your doses. It is repeated breaks that are generally the problem. I do not think that you are at significant risk for resistance.
What lies ahead?
Drop too slow?
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- White Bumps Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.