Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

WORRIED,PLEASE ANSWER!!!

First of all I was tested for HIV 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my 1st child and it was negative and that was 8 years after any possible exposure.I have been having some burning in my mouth andI noticed today that I have a little bump with a white head on it between my cheek and gum and I scratched the head off and it started to bleed.What could this be?Could the Hiv test have been a false neg after 8 years?Could I have Thrush?PLEASE Answer I am scared!!!

Response from Dr. Reznik

I would doubt HIV is a factor since it has been 8 years after your last possible exposure. What you have described does NOT sound like thrush. You may have something as simple as an abscessed tooth which is trying to drain. Please take the time to visit your local dentist for a definitive diagnosis.

Take care,

DR

PLEASE HELP!!!
Catching via drinking