Nov 28, 2001
First of all I was tested for HIV 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my 1st child and it was negative and that was 8 years after any possible exposure.I have been having some burning in my mouth andI noticed today that I have a little bump with a white head on it between my cheek and gum and I scratched the head off and it started to bleed.What could this be?Could the Hiv test have been a false neg after 8 years?Could I have Thrush?PLEASE Answer I am scared!!!
Response from Dr. Reznik
I would doubt HIV is a factor since it has been 8 years after your last possible exposure. What you have described does NOT sound like thrush. You may have something as simple as an abscessed tooth which is trying to drain. Please take the time to visit your local dentist for a definitive diagnosis.
Catching via drinking
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.