Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

are you on the same page ?
Nov 28, 2001

Dr.Kull states that nonone has ever been infectd from getting head, why do you not state that in your responses ? Do you know of ONE person being infected solely from getting head ?

Response from Dr. Reznik

Actually what I have stated is that people who engage in receptive oral intercourse are at greater risk than those who are engaged in insertive oral intercourse. Whereas I personally do not disagree that the risk of transmission of HIV from insertive oral intercourse is extremely low, the possibility does exist. Remember, there have been a few cases of transmission from deep kissing. Do I think deep kissing is a risk factor for transmission? No. Do I advise people not to engage in deep kissing? No. What I have said is that it is possible. Do I advise against people engaging in oral intercourse? The answer would be no.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

DR

Previous
no answers?
Next
oral sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.