|Worried - Need your help
Aug 18, 2000
I have some sort of white coating on side of my mouth, most of the time at the corner, rarely at below the tongue. My doctor did take look under microscope and said it's thrush. I took Micelex for 10 days, but that didn't help.
I am having this problem for past 16 months.
19 months back I had on very low risk exposure. After that I took 5 HIV antibody test by Elisa, latest one is after 17 month. Also took one HIV PCR RNA after 2 month, one bDNA ultra sensitive down to 50 copies after 16 month, one PCR DNA ultrasensitive down to 50 copies after 17 month. All are negative.
I am under severe stress for all this time. My doctor said, thrush because of Severe stress. I am trying to cool down myself, but I can't.
I do have some medical conditions, I am suffering with Sinus for past 2 year, it's very severe sometime.
I don't know what to do, This thrush is not going off. I am worried a lot, Please help me.
I will be very thankful to you for your help.
Thanks a lot.
Response from Dr. Reznik
Due to the fact that you have received this diagnosis after a medical professional examined you and looked under a microscope to verify the presence of candidiasis, there are a few reasons why your treatment with Mycelex troches was unsuccessful.
1. treatment should be for two weeks with 5 doses per day. One reason Mycelex troches did not work may be due to inadequate dosing.
2. another reason may be due to the extent of the infection. Topical therapies are only effective when they come directly into contact with the candidal plaques.
If topical therapies are not working, I would suggest a two week course a Diflucan (200 mg on day 1, then 1 tab per day for the rest of the two week period of time.
Unknown Oral Infection
Telling your Dentist
- Can You Get Hbv Or Hiv From Puncture Wounds Or Broken Skin?
- Hiv Skin Symptoms
- What Negative Cut Off Means On Hiv Test?
- When Is A Person With Hiv Most Infectious For Transmission?
- What Are The Chances Of Contracting Hiv If You Had Sex With An Infected Person?
- How Accurate Is Hiv Swab Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.