Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HPV during ARS
Aug 18, 2000

Dear Doctor,

I am (anxiously) awaiting a 3 month repeat ELISA after a negative test at 6 weeks. In the meantime I have a persistently sore mouth and tongue, possibly candida I know. But I also have several slightly raised fleshy lesions on my buccal mucosa which look a bit like one of your hiv/dent slides of HPV. I don't remember seeing them in my mouth before. Is it common to get sudden onset of HPV warts during acute retroviral syndrome?

Thanks for your opinion.

Response from Dr. Reznik

Oral Warts associated with HPV infection are not considered a sign or symptom of acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). Actually, whereas there have been observations concerning candidiasis and oral ulcers during ARS but no mention has ever been made of oral warts. From the information I have available I would not associate to any degree the presence of oral warts and ARS.

I hope this helps!

DR

Previous
New strains of candida?
Next
HAART and breaking teeth?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.