|Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis
Sep 27, 2000
David Can you tell me how soon after infection the symptoms of NUP can be felt? Is NUP a known component of seroconversion illnesses? Many thanks
Response from Dr. Reznik
Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis, or NUP is not to my knowledge anyway associated with seroconversion illness. Actually most cases of NUP I have treated over the years were in people with a CD4 count less than 100. NUP is a marker of severe immunosuppression and indicative of other systemic opportunistic events.
Source of the Sores?
PLS. ANSWER, I KNOW YOU'RE BUSY!!!!!!!!!
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- When Will A Woman Find Out She Has Gonorrhea?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- Syphilis Itchy Rash
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.