|White Material in the Mouth
Oct 7, 2001
An acquaintance has a buildup of white matter in his mouth which is visible when he speaks. The white material appears to be paste-like in composition and often leeches into the corners of his mouth and onto his lips. Is this indicative of HIV?
Response from Dr. Reznik
Even if the "white matter" in question is diagnosed as pseudomembranous candidiasis (thrush), this condition is not diagnostic of HIV infection. As mentioned previously in this Forum, there are numerous reasons why a person can develop candidiasis including, but by no means limited to HIV infection.
Erythematous Candidiasis ????
- Is Testicular Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.