Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

STRESS AND ORAL THRUSH

hello david i got tested 4 months after protected sex and it was neg but latley i messed around with a high risk hiv female. i used protection ...after that i went to the doctor because i taught i might be infected with an std.... he prescribe me some antibiotics within 5 days of takeing the medicine i developed the oral thrush so can u help me put my nerves to rest because i been really stressed out and many say stress causes oral thrush...what u think on this

Response from Dr. Reznik

Stress alone cannot cause candidiasis or thrush. The factor that you have mentioned which may explain this episode of candidiasis is the antibiotic you were on at time of presentation. Remember, there are several factors which can lead to the presence of candidiasis including the use of broad spectrum antibiotics.

I hope this helps!

DR

I BEG YOU TO REPLY!
KISSING