Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

HPV care

Dear Doctor.

I have recently been diagnosed with HPV. I also have it in my mouth. My lips have developed small white bumps that have started to bleed into one another, causing a mild swelling. Please tell me how I can be treated for this and other HPV conditions that might affect the mouth.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are differing opinions as how best to treat oral human papillomavirus (HPV)and not much scientific evidence to prove one treatment is better than the other. Treatments vary from surgical removal, use of laser therapy, cryotherapy, and topical therapies.

Since, HPV lesions tend to recur, the method we use at the Oral Health Center is cryotherapy, the least invasive and painful. A complete case study, including slides and comments can be located in the Picture Gallery of HIVdent at the following URL: http://www.hivdent.org/slides/cases/csindex01.htm

I hope this helps!

DR

nerves inthe teeth from various meds
Oral HPV and imiquimod (Aldara)