Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

So many oral symptoms
Jan 3, 2000

Dear Dr. Reznik, I do not know where else to turn, but hope you can shed some light. I am at very high risk, hiv- now, but must wait for further testing. In the meantime, i have had every diagnosis imaginable: thrush, geographic tongue, gingivastomatitis, burning mouth syndrome, angular chelitis, as well as "Gee, I don't know". The whiteness seems to be subsiding. I've seen an oral pathologist too. But he can't account for the pain. Terrible pressure in the roof of my mouth. Also, had 3 large blood blisters on my gums and cheeks. Also purpura on roof of mouth(reaction to diflucan?) Pain in the bridge of my nose, pain in my throat. My question: What other possibilities are there? I thought the oral pathologist would know it all. What other kind of doctors might be able to help? My regular doctor thinks it is AIDS, and told me not to come back because he cannot help me. But I need help and don't know where to turn now. The oral pathologist said burning tongue, but has no answer for the throat and nose pain. What other type of doctor might you suggest? Is a rheumatologist an option? Please help me.

Response from Dr. Reznik

Sorry to hear about all of the problems you are having. My advice would be to seek out an Ears, Nose and Throat physician (ENT) to help with the diagnosis.

Take care and feel better soon!

DR

Previous
HIV ORAL MANIFESTATIONS
Next
nerves inthe teeth from various meds

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.