Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

PLEASE PLEASE POST

Dr.Reznick:

I just wanted to thank you so much for your very informative web site. Your site gave me the courage to go ahead and get an an hiv test. I wanted to tell my story so other people that are undergoing the same thing can relate. I had a few partners (9 years ag0) that I had unprotected sex with. From then, I diagnosed myself with every single symptom that hiv entails. One includes oral thrush. I have a white coating on my tongue tbat is sometimes thick, but always returns after I brush my tongue. I immediately thought that because oral thrush is a red flag for hiv, that I indeed had the virus. It wasn't until I read your site and realized that there is someting called "coated tongue," that this is what I may have. Well, today I went for my hiv results and they came back NEGATIVE!!!!!! So there is hope for all of us worriers. Thank you so much, you are wonderful!!!!! I also want people to go ahead and get tested and not spend there lives worrying.

Response from Dr. Reznik

I think the best response I can post concerning your message is: THANK YOU!

Both Internet projects I am involved with, The Body and HIVdent, take a lot of time and effort. It is great to know that these efforts are "making a difference!"

Take care and thanks for taking the time to send this message.

DR

dave please post
please let me help