Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

HIV symptoms?

Hello Doc

I'm a student in Sweden and I'm 23 , I had 3 weeks ago a sexual intercourse with a girl that I didn't know before;

It was my first time I had sex and I started to use the condom but the girl looking my difficult to have a erection take me out the condom.I continued the sex without it.

After two day I was very sick with high fewer, night sweating, throat ache and cough.

This symptoms disappear after one week , but I still continue to don't have appetite and feel tired.

I have also now after 3 weeks problems with my throat, i can feel my swallow glands bigger and I have also a strange sensation like warm on top back of the mouth.

All this symptoms I never feel before;

I can 't believe the life it change and I can't turn back!

just for one time of sex...

Ok I will wait the hiv test response but it can't be something else everything is connected to that night!

It's the worst ill I could get! And I have 3 brothers little than me and two great parents that don't deserve to have a sick person in their house that will influence their life negatively!

thanks for your answer.

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are a few things that could be going on that may or may not be related to HIV infection. The most important advice I can give is for you to follow up with a physician or primary care provider for a complete work up which can eliminate several other potential causes.

I feel that I have to comment on the last part of our message concerning the burden you think you may place on your family if our HIV test comes back positive. Thanks to new medications and a better understanding of HIV disease, many people are living full and fulfilling lives and are anything but a burden to family and loved ones.

Take care and keep your chin up!

DR

oral sex
Worried Wife and Mother