Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Oral Sex

I am not sure I understand. Is it possible to contract HIV by a receiving oral sex and deep kissing with a positive female (I'm male) with no open sore or breaks in the skin?

I have a few very small red spots on my tongue and cheeks and a very dry mouth. Could this possibly be anything? I have tested negative after four months by both Elisha and DNA PCR.

Thanks!

Response from Dr. Reznik

An important fact that you left out is whether or not there were any breaks in the oral tissues of the person performing oral sex. If you had no open sores or breaks in the skin and the same true for the other participant, the risks of transmission of HIV would probably be minimal at best. I would suggest that you visit the forum The Body has for safe sex to receive a more expert opinion.

With this in mind, deep kissing is safe as long as there is no frank bleeding. The one case that I am aware of where transmission of HIV occurred via deep kissing, both participants had open sores and bleeding in their mouths. I would not consider deep kissing to be a risk for HIV transmission in most usual circumstances.

I hope this clears up a thing or two!

can you get aids from oral sex
oral sex