|Transmission of yeast infections
Jun 14, 1999
Dear Dr. Reznik,
If a man performs oral sex on a woman with a yeast infection, can that yeast infection be transmitted to his oral cavitiy and cause thrush-like symptoms?
Response from Dr. Reznik
If the man were medically compromised then it would be possible for the yeast infection to be transmitted. The key word here is "possible". Remember, candida species (the organism associated with thrush) are normally present within the oral cavity in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised individuals.
Female to Male HIV infection from oral-penile contact
can you get aids from oral sex
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- Female Condom To Prevent Bleeding During Sex
- Can ARS Go On For Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.