Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Female to Male HIV infection from oral-penile contact

According to this forum, there have been 23 documented cases of HIV transmission by oral-genital contact. I have reviewed the literature in the forum but the question still lingers.

Of these 23 cases,how many MALE INFECTIONS were attributable to their PENISES BEING SUCKED by either males or females? (or non-recipient male oral genital contact)

Please help! Lumping the cases together (fem-fem, or oral-vag contact didn't help clarify my problem!)

Most appreciative.

Response from Dr. Reznik

This detailed information can be located in the HIVdent Internet project in an article entitled "Oral Transmission of HIV: A Review of the Evidence (originally published in the journal AIDS) located at the following URL: http://www.hivdent.org/_private/Oralman.html. The information you seek is present in Table 2, Case Reports and Observations on Oral Transmission.

I hope this answers your question!

DR

please post, i'm worried
Transmission of yeast infections