Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

KISSING????

IM A GAY WOMAN WHO DATED AN HIV INFECTED WOMAN,WE KISSED AND FINGERS IN AN EXCLUSIVE AREA WAS USED...AM I AT RISK AND IF SO,HOW MUCH AT RISK???....I HAD AN HIV TEST DONE AFTER DATING HER AND IT WAS NEGATIVE BUT SHOULD I STILL WORRY???.....

Response from Dr. Reznik

Kissing is considered a safe activity and you should not feel at risk for the encounter mentioned.

I believe the bigger issue is why you would have an HIV test after kissing someone who is HIV positive. The answer to this question may best be addressed by Robert K Remien, Ph.D. who answers questions in the "Mixed-HIV-Status Couples Forum".

Take care,

DR

Swallowing blood/saliva
Worried and can't sleep or function