Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

salvia transmit Aids or HIV to the semen?

Dear Dr, thank you for your attention. I am a man and I am clear, i have not any problem, but from one week, someone make a suction to my penius and I pushed my semen inside his mouse, is it possibe his salvia transmit the Aids or HIV to my semen and infect me? please, I am very worry about my health, I can not sleep from that time, thank you very much for your fast reply.

Response from Dr. Reznik

Saliva is not considered an infectious agent or a means of transmitting HIV. Saliva actually contains proteins (SLPI) and other factors which bind HIV. Also saliva cannot "infect" semen. It is *possible* for transmission to occur if there were obvious blood in the saliva and an open sore or wound on the penis.

Hope this helps.

DR

Question on oral hiv spread
Thrush and inhalers