Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

oral warts & erythematous candidiasis

I had several red flat spots on my toungue for quite some time . Some of them have disappear but one remains. It is consistent with erythematous candidiasis I also in my examination discovered warts under my tongue. Could I be negative and still develop such symptoms?

Response from Dr. Reznik

I think the biggest point I need to make in regards to this question is the following:

There are not any oral manifestations we see in association with HIV infection that are unique to this disease. For example, there are several other underlying medical conditions where one may present with oral candidiasis.

Therefore it follows that yes, it is possible to present with the symptoms you have described and not be HIV+.

DR

maybe you can help
picture of coated tongue?