Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

maybe you can help

hi doc,recently i had my teeth clean about 3 weeks ago.i noticed that the the dentist had a big open sore on her lip since then i have experienced swelling in arms,legs,feet do you think she could have transmitted any virus to me i havent been feel well since then i just rec my hiv test back and it was neg,are there any kind of virus that would cause this i did bleed alot that day and she did talk alot too. im very worried could i have gotten mono or any other virus i hope you respond

Response from Dr. Reznik

I seriously doubt that the dentist tranmsitted any virus to you due to the circumstance you describe. If, for instance, you are referring to a herpetic ulcer, it is not possible for the virus to jump off her lip and infect you.

I do suggest that you visit your local physician to determine why you are experiencing the swelling you describe.

DR

Diagnosed With Thrush.
oral warts & erythematous candidiasis