May 21, 1999
Hi dave, can smoking cause OHL on the tongue?Without HIV? I mean would there be an underlying reason besides smoking? My doctor says it is nothing but the back of my tongue has white places that cannot be removed , it has been there for a year. NO THRUSH , i was tested. Can smoking alone so this? Thank you...
Response from Dr. Reznik
Smoking alone can be a cause of white lesions appearing within the oral cavity. I would highly suggest that you visit a dentist who is experienced in oral medicine or an oral pathologist to determine the most likely cause of this occurrence.
I am sorry that I cannot be of greater assistance.
could it be thrush
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Used Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.