Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

OHL

Hi dave, can smoking cause OHL on the tongue?Without HIV? I mean would there be an underlying reason besides smoking? My doctor says it is nothing but the back of my tongue has white places that cannot be removed , it has been there for a year. NO THRUSH , i was tested. Can smoking alone so this? Thank you...

Response from Dr. Reznik

Smoking alone can be a cause of white lesions appearing within the oral cavity. I would highly suggest that you visit a dentist who is experienced in oral medicine or an oral pathologist to determine the most likely cause of this occurrence.

I am sorry that I cannot be of greater assistance.

DR

White spots
could it be thrush