Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Mouth sore questions

I am sorry that I have to bother you with this, but I can not find the answere. by-the-way thank you for all of your time, you are doing a great job helping people and we are truely greatful. I am having sores in my mouth on the insid of my cheeks, they are dark red and sometimes purple. I recently had herpes inside and outside of my mouth and my doctor gave me medicine for that. I think that that has cleared up not but I contiune haveing these other sores. I can look in my mouth and see them and the next day one may be gone but another one will be on the other side. I have tested negatie for HIV several times through the Home Access test, but it only tests for HIV I. Is this a sign of HIV? should I continue to test? Please be honest with me I know that you see HIV patients all the time. Does this sound like something you see in your patients? Again, please be honest. I know that you can not diagnose over the computer, but you can give me your expert opinion. Thank you sooooooo very much, please, please keep up the good work. As you can see we really need you.

Response from Dr. Reznik

As you have stated in this question, the only way to receive an accurate diagnosis of the condition your mention would be to visit a dentist or dental care professional experienced in oral medicine or oral pathology.

It is very possible that what you are seeing is nothing more than the results of cheek biting, which is not a condition associated with HIV infection, but to receive an accurate diagnosis, a visit to a dental health care professional is necessary.

Sorry that I cannot be of further assistance.

DR

oral thrush possible causes
difficulty Swallowing?