Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Please answer this I'm worried

I have tested negative at two and six months, however, I am still concerned because even though I have a good flow of saliva in my mouth, my saliva sometimes becomes "foamy" and collects on my tongue. Also, on two separate occasions, I have noticed a black spot on the inside of my cheek that would last a couple of days and then disappear. What would cause these conditions?

I would greatly appreciate any information.

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are many reasons why you have experienced a change in the concentration of your saliva including a reduction in the amount of your liquid intake, stress, smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, use of illicit drugs, use of antihistamines or a number of other medications, problems with your salivary glands, etc.

The "black spot" you refer to may be nothing more than results of cheek biting. One way to tell would be bite your teeth together, gently pull you cheek away from your teeth, and look into a mirror and see if the mark matches up to where your teeth come together.

If you continue to have these problems, please visit a dentist and have it checked out.

I hope this helps!

DR

oral symptoms
HOW EARLY CAN ORAL MANIFESTATIONS BEGIN?