Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Could Rush Lead To thrush

Dear Dr. Reznik, is it possible that use of amyl-nitrate could act as anabolic steroids or asthma inhallers do in causing an outbreak of Thrush in an otherwise healthy individual?

Response from Dr. Reznik

I have to admit that I have never heard of Rush leading to thrush, nor do I think it likely. If this relationship existed, there would be numerous case reports in the literature and would be an active topic of conversation and research.

If you or a friend has thrush or may feel that they have thrush, the best advice would be to visit a physician/dentist and have this condition professionally checked out.

Hope this helps!

DR

nup
Herpes