Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Found Someone To Turn To

Dr, I'm the one who wrote "No One To Turn To," I want to thank you for posting my question. There is still some confusion for the problem I'm experiencing. I broke it down into question format:

1. If I tested HIV- (3 months after exposure) a month prior to the white tongue symptoms I'm experiencing now, would it be possible that I became HIV+ and am already experiencing HIV symptoms?

2. If it is an HIV symptom would candidas be found in more areas of my mouth besides for the dorsal side of my tongue?

3. Whose going to win the Super Bowl?

Thank you Dr. I don't know if you make it a habbit of answering more than one question from the same person but I would really appreciate your insight.

Response from Dr. Reznik

1. It is possible due to symptoms associated with viral replication, but unlikely.

2. With the exception of erythematous candidiasis (the "red" form of thrush) which can present on the dorsal surface of the tongue only, I very seldom see patients who only present with pseudomembranous candidiasis (Thrush) on the dorsal surface of the tongue.

3. Here goes my very non-scientific answer to this question as I am originally from Tampa and am a Bucs fan. So... Buccaneers all the way! :-)

Take care,

DR

symptoms turn out after 40 hours
HIV symptoms in my mouth