|Herpes simplex type I and HIV
Feb 4, 2000
Is Herpes simplex Type I a symptom for HIV ? Can it appears after three months of exposure and I have been tested negative after 18 weeks?
Does too much of stress cause Herpetic infection recur?
Response from Dr. Reznik
Herpes Simplex Type I infections are seen in association with HIV infection, but by themselves are not a sign nor a symptom of seroconversion. Stress has been identified as a factor in recurrent herpetic infections.
- Is Herpes Simplex Virus Dangerous?
- Herpes Sign Of HIV Infection
- What Does Herpes Simplex Type 1 Mean?
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
- Most Common Early Hiv Symptoms Symptoms Of Hiv
- Can Anxiety About Catching Hiv Make You Get Swollen Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.