Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

My geographic tongue doesn't go away

Everytime I hear and read that a geographic tongue "just goes away". Its over a year I am having it and it doesn't. It gets worse. I am a wine -merchand and was a good taster. Some periods I can still taste, but mostly it is impossible to give a normal opinion about the wine. This is a complete disaster for me.

Is there no way to cure this disease permenently? I am even trying meditation, because I also suffer from my nerfs (I am not really in treatment for this) and I am told that this disease could be in relation with this.

I understand that this is notlife - treatning, but if this goes on I can not do my job anymore.I am getting desperate.

Please help me,

All the best

Martin

Response from Dr. Reznik

Geographic tongue is thought to be an autoimmune manifestation that can be treated with the use of topical corticosteroids such as Decadron elixir. If you are having persistent problems with this manifestation, I would highly suggest that you visit a dentist who has experience in oral medicine or oral pathology. A provider experienced in these disciplines will be able to help!

Take care,

DR

yellow tongue
Geographic Tongue and more