Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My geographic tongue doesn't go away
Sep 24, 1999

Everytime I hear and read that a geographic tongue "just goes away". Its over a year I am having it and it doesn't. It gets worse. I am a wine -merchand and was a good taster. Some periods I can still taste, but mostly it is impossible to give a normal opinion about the wine. This is a complete disaster for me.

Is there no way to cure this disease permenently? I am even trying meditation, because I also suffer from my nerfs (I am not really in treatment for this) and I am told that this disease could be in relation with this.

I understand that this is notlife - treatning, but if this goes on I can not do my job anymore.I am getting desperate.

Please help me,

All the best

Martin

Response from Dr. Reznik

Geographic tongue is thought to be an autoimmune manifestation that can be treated with the use of topical corticosteroids such as Decadron elixir. If you are having persistent problems with this manifestation, I would highly suggest that you visit a dentist who has experience in oral medicine or oral pathology. A provider experienced in these disciplines will be able to help!

Take care,

DR

Previous
yellow tongue
Next
Geographic Tongue and more

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.