Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

can u help me please

i have been having problems with dry mouth and a burning feeling on my tongue,i also see that my tongue looks white and my lips get very dry it looks like i put powder on them so i went to my doctor and he to took a urine sample and that my urine was very concentrated and i better start drinking more water,what scares me is that i tested indetermined back in sept but retested in oct n jan 99 both times negative last exposure was march 98 i fell like seroconversion can u please respond

Response from Dr. Reznik

The symptoms you are experiencing in your mouth are very much in line with what one would see with a severe case of xerostomia or dry mouth. If, as your physician noted, that your urine is concentrated as well, I would suggest that you follow his/her advice and drink more fluids.

Xerostomia, although often seen with HIV infection, is by no means diagnostic of this infection.

I hope this helps!

DR

confused
dry mouth,thrush,PCP and anxiety