Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your wisdom tooth!
Nov 29, 1999

Hi Doctor

My wisdom tooth has rotted and needs to be taking out along time ago but it is still in my mouth. Can you your wisdom tooth cause infections such as tonsilitis, unuasual and frequent moist stools, tingling in your troat ect..

In the last few days I felt tingling sensation from the nerve from widsom tooth. I also had burning sensation in my hands, feet, thighs and armpit. can these be attributed to my rotten wisdom tooth which appears to be affected by bacteria? I have tested nagative for HIV 11 weeks after my first protected sexual encounter.

Response from Dr. Reznik

A severely decayed wisdom tooth can cause symptoms such as low-grade fever, swollen glands, etc. if the tooth is abscessed. It may even cause you to have a sore throat and a tingling sensation in the tooth, but the other symptoms you mention such as a burning sensation in your hands, feet, thighs and armpit would not be related to an abscessed wisdom tooth.

I offer a two part plan for your problem:

1. Make an appointment to have he tooth out. 2. Visit your primary health care provider to obtain an accurate diagnosis for the other symptoms.

Feel better soon!

DR

Previous
Tooth extraction
Next
Receding Gums

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.