The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What Kind Of Doctor???
Apr 16, 1999

Hi Dr Reznik, I am from Germany and for over half a year i have had all of the following symptoms: My tongue is white most of the time, little bubbles on the tip of the tongue and it aches so much I just want to bit it off. Also on my lips there are these white patches that seem to never go away, they are located in the corners. I have been to five docters since but they all were not able to diagnose anything. Could You tell me what kind of a doctor I have to see who is capable of diagnosing what I have, please. Thank you so much in advance, Conrad

Response from Dr. Reznik

Dear Conrad:

The type of doctor that you should visit is either an oral pathologist or someone who is experienced in oral medicine. Sometimes these providers are referred to as oral stomatologists.

I hope this helps!


Need to see a dentes
dental caries

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint