The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Who do i go to
Dec 21, 1999

I have recently been diagnosed with HPV and believe I have contracted it orally too. What kind of doctor do I go to for a diagnosis and treatment? What is the nature of treatment when HPV is present on the lips? Thank you

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are several options for you to consider for treatment of HPV on the lip such as oral surgeons, oral pathologists, dentists experienced in oral medicine and dermatologists. I recently answered a question concerning the various therapies available for the treatment of HPV which should be online when this answer appears.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.


How can I find a dentist that specializes in HIV care?
Need to see a dentes

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint