Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

coated tongue picture

are you sure that isnt thrush dave?i thought my coated tongue was bad but i cant tell you what relief i got after seeing this! This looks like more than coated tongue. and you are saying that coated tongue is not related to hiv? any comments would be appreciated! by the way , i have to ask, is that the picture of YOU with coated tongue! haha, we love you for it! bye!

Response from Dr. Reznik

Yes that is the picture of my tongue. I went for about a week without brushing my tongue and due to the medications I take for sinus problems I also have dry mouth.

This is not a pretty picture, but again, coated tongue is not an opportunistic oral infection of HIV, it is just an overgrowth of bacteria on the tongue related to dry mouth, smoking, alcohol consumption, etc.

After returning to my normal oral hygiene practices, I am happy to report that my tongue looks a whole lot better these days!

Take care,

DR

RECURRENT TONGUE COATING
picture??