|Cause of coated tongue?
Aug 6, 1999
Dr. Reznik: Thank you for this column. I am a HIV negative man who recently developed coated tongue. I am a non-smoker and I drink only an occassional glass of white wine. Recently though, I did take some strong dosages of a natural diet pill that seemed to make my mouth dry - around the same time that the coated tongue developed. Could the pills cause the dry mouth which in turn cause the white tongue?
Response from Dr. Reznik
Yes, dry mouth or xerostomia is often a factor related to coated tongue.
Coated Tongue? Something Else?
just a comment and 1 quesiton
- Does Having Coated Tongue Mean I Have HIV?
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Asymptomatic Phase Of Hiv
- Does A Fungus Infection Mean I Have Hiv?
- Can A Urinary Tract Infection Cause False Positive Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.