Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

mouth kote?

Have you ever heard of a product called mouth kote used for dry mouth? I'm considering using this to treat my coated tongue. Does this stuff work?

Thanks Jack

Response from Dr. Reznik

Mouth Kote is one of several agents used to help manage xerostomia (dry mouth), but will probably not have much of an effect in the management of coated tongue in and of itself. Whereas it is true that dry mouth can play a role in coated tongue, I suspect that you would have better results if you were to use a wetting agent, such as Mouth Kote, in combination with good oral hygiene which would include brushing your tongue at least twice a day.

Hope this helps!

DR

PS I like the products made by Laclede which include the Biotene mouthwash and Orabalance gel, better than Mouth Kote for symptoms related to xerostomia. As far as a toothpaste to use, I highly recommend Total toothpaste by Colgate due its antibacterial properties.

1 year later and still coated tongue
Oral Conditions