Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

transmitting coated tongue

I asked the last question about transmitting of Erythematous Candidiasis through kissing. After looking at the picture of caoted tongue, it looks so similar that this may be whay I have instead. Is coated tongue transmittable through a kiss? I presume that it is since it was transmitted to me. Also, can it ever be cured completely?

Response from Dr. Reznik

Coated tongue is not an infectious disease and therefore not something that would be transmitted from one person to another, but rather an overgrowth of the normal papillae on the tongue with a bacterial overgrowth. As mentioned in previous messages concerning coated tongue, the best advice I can give is for your to gently brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth.

DR

confused!
1 year later and still coated tongue